Thursday, September 18, 2008

Luke 13 - The fig tree & the narrow gate

Let my branches unfurl
And catch Your morning sun
My roots dig deep in Your rich soil
And Your life course uninhibited
Through my veins

Let me bear fruit
Ripe, rich and sweet
And may I be laden with figs
Fruit for Your harvest O Lord

Luke 13 - Oh Lord, how hard this teaching is--to know that many will try to enter through the narrow gate to Heaven, but few will succeed. I suppose they try too late--after death? Or maybe only half-heartedly and are lukewarm--or perhaps they try to get in by a different faith path or by works? You are silent on what they did wrong here--probably countless things--neglecting the only thing that matters...

But You point the way to salvation...

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

And again the two greatest commandments You gave... "Love the Lord your God with all your mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself."

Oh Father--please help me to fall more in love with You every day--so that everyone might see this lamp on a stand. Let me not be a fruitless tree that stands in Your garden, only to be leveled. Let my branches be laden with the best fruit--let my tree trunk be You and Your mighty presence and word--let me be holy and pleasing to You o Lord.

No comments: